Monday, October 1, 2018

Lipstick challenge: wear it all

Hellooooo again.

It has been quite the whirlwind of a summer. Work-work has been so busy, side-work (hungryheartink.com) has been crazy busy (woo!), and on top of that, my husband and I have been down the shore on the weekends sailing. There has yet to be a dull moment, and but I'm actively working on carving out time to organize and pull it together.

But there was hardly a moment I didn't wish I was blogging (sort-of). It's just something that is always kind-of on my mind. I wish I had the time to sit down, every day, and dedicate it to photographing beauty, making tutorials, reviewing things.

I wish I had that time, but I do not. The mental clutter of everything on my plate has been weighing me down for a long time. This past month I decided to find a solution.

I found the minimalists, and have since been on a journey to hold less value to material items, clean out the clutter (mental and household) and live a life with more intention.

With that being said, I did a major overhaul of my makeup/skincare items. A lot of things did not make the cut and are on their way to a better place. A lot of things did, as it turns out, makeup and skincare really does bring me joy.

Now that the collection has been curated down to what I truly find value in, it actually seems easier to focus in on a blog post. I've decided to start with my lip collection (inspired by Makeup Nerdery aka Beka n' Eggs aka my favorite person).

I've already decluttered a fair deal of lip items, so what I'm going to do is wear one lip color a day to ensure that I truly find joy in the lipsticks/balms/glosses/stains/whathaveyou that remain.

Here's to day one: MAC Matte Lipstick, Viva Glam Miley Cyrus 2. This was a Christmas gift from my boss and it is the day one pick because I forgot that I even had this beautiful red shade. When I was decluttering, it was truly a surprise to find it and it was the one I was most excited to give another go. So far, I love it dearly, and it still brings me joy.



Also, I think I want to run this series with coffee mug swatches like above, but, here's an awkward picture of my face to show what the lipstick actually looks like--plus I had a great brow day, marvel.



Makeup deets:

Brows:

- Wet n' Wild eyeshadow primer (yeees on the brows, it's my lil' secret)
- Kat Von D Brow Pomade in dark brown (waiting for this to run out so I can get Anastasia again, I just can't purchase from a neo-nazi anti-vaxxer, but I'm too poor to make a statement of immediately throwing this in the garbage.)
- Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara
- Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara in Browny Brows (I hate that name so much wow)

Face:
- Too Faced Hangover RX Primer
- True Match Lumi Glotion Natural Glow Enhancer in medium
- Kat Von D Blush/Eyeshadow thing in Lolita (please someone find me a dupe, it's my perfect color but blegh Kat Von D)
- MAC Fix+ Goldlite

Eyes:
- Wet n' Wild eyeshadow primer
- Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in So Quiche (this color is so unique)

Lips
- MAC Matte Lipstick, Viva Glam Miley Cyrus 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lipstick challenge: wear it all

Hellooooo again. It has been quite the whirlwind of a summer. Work-work has been so busy, side-work ( hungryheartink.com ) has been crazy ...

Popular Posts